Currently I Am…

by Beth Anne on January 20, 2014

PicMonkey Collage Currently I Am...

appreciating Doug’s TWO job offers last week!

reading The Boleyn Inheritance. I bought this book over a year ago after finishing The Other Boleyn Girl & never got around to reading it. So far, so okay.

listening the planes overhead & when it’s a clear day, they come a little more softly. I’ve always found them comforting & when I was a little girl, other girls dreamed of being teachers & doctors but I wanted to be a pilot.

tasting ham & cornbread stuffing. It’s my go-to simple comfort food.

learning to pause while I read to Harry, to point out letters, talk about their sounds, & continue his education outside the classroom. A natural teacher, I am not.

noticing the sunshine pouring through the windows.

anticipating a season of rest to come, long days at the pool, & evenings spent in the backyard.

working diligently, appreciatively, eagerly. Dare I admit how happy I am in my job?

making blueberry muffins in the afternoon.

watching Bones, Season 5.

accepting that I will always leave tissues in my pockets & Doug will always leave socks stuffed in couch cushions & we will be 80 years old & unchanged.

organizing a yard sale for this spring, the first I’ve ever done.

planning my home office in the small closet with the tiny window.

loving my gym’s Body Pump classes. Every Tuesday, every Thursday.

buying very little. The past few months have been a wonderful lesson in contentment.

finishing my second cup of coffee.

embracing the colder weather of the winter.

daring to cut my hair off, seven inches total.

Sometimes I need to run through these lists to jump the part of my brain that loves to write, that loves to sit in the quiet & just be until the words come. Little pieces to turn into long form, to weave into stories.

What are you up to these days? Holding onto those resolutions or does this post find you face-first in a bowl of peppermint ice cream? ::ahem, wipes evidence off own chin::

designhermomma January 20, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Oh I love this post! Imma gonna steal it too – with a little linkback of course.

Katie January 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I love Body Pump. I used to go twice a week before having kids. Now I go never. It shows :(

Meg January 20, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Finding peace in yoga. Learning to be kind to myself. Trying to live life at the pace it is at – not rushing ahead or stumbling behind. Each week I make these resolutions anew. Hoping one day they’ll stick.

Sarah @ 2paws Designs January 20, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Love this. I just did one a week ago and (duh) forgot to tell you – it even includes a shout out to you: http://www.2pawsdesigns.com/2014/01/currently.html :) And … HAPPY DANCE for the job offers!! Awesome news!!

Alanna January 20, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Yay for job offers!! I am loving the hair cut, can’t wait to see more pics. Good luck with the garage sale, I have a love/hate with them. Like getting the money, hate all the work involved. :)

beckyj January 20, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Congrats on the job offers! I commented before about how my hubs was without a job, but thankfully he got a good offer and is back to work. Good news all around. :)

Katie-LovesofLife January 20, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I am stealing this….and I am thanking you. xo

Meredith @ La Buena Vida January 20, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I meant to do a post like this today…but instead I’m rocking a baby and watching episodes of Frontier Flight Attendant school. My sister leaves for real-life flight attendant school soon, so I’m considering it research.

Also, LOVE Bones so much. I remember the season finale for the season you’re watching right now :) It was good.

Nicole at Mommy Moxie January 20, 2014 at 8:34 pm

YES YES YES! When you posted the champagne glasses on IG I was hoping it was a job offer for Doug. Every night before prayers my four year old asks if we’ll be praying for Harry’s dad to find a great job-tonight we’ll be praying he accepts the perfect one for y’all. :)

So how much hair did you chop off the other day? I think I’ve decided at my hair appointment on February 18th that it’s time to go a bit shorter (mine is currently past my bra strap….way too long).

YAY!

Andrea January 20, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Yay for job offers and happy times!

Kristin @ In Between the Piles January 21, 2014 at 12:09 am

I love this post. I might have to adopt it for a future post (with proper credit and link-back to you). I love the idea of capturing the essence of the day/week in 1-2 liners. It’s awesome. Thank you for writing…

Ashley D January 21, 2014 at 10:49 am

Yea, perfect post to steal and inspire on a day I finally got back into blogging. You rock! Although my answers wouldn’t be half as entertaining as yours :)

kristen January 21, 2014 at 10:55 am

yayyyyyyyyy for job offers!!! and your hair looks great!

Suzanne January 21, 2014 at 1:26 pm

LOVE this. So happy for your happy news (go Doug!). And I can especially appreciate “buying very little” … we’re in a pinch right now, and it’s put me in the biggest funk. But something clicked over the weekend and I just looked around me at all that I’m blessed with and decided to quit feeling sorry for myself and just be content. Not an easy lesson. I’m trying. :)

Monica @ The Writer Chic January 21, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I miss your writing almost as much as I miss my writing. Happy to see this pop up in my feed today! xoxo

Ashlie January 22, 2014 at 6:29 am

I love this little post. The listing part and the little bits of happiness sprinkled through. I teach first grade and still have to force myself to slow down and point things out when reading to me son :) I was happy to read this, thanks for sharing!

Katy P January 22, 2014 at 9:41 am

Oh, sister. These long, cold, shadowy winter days. I know how much you are anticipating the summer and the pool – I miss the sunshine too.

Robbie January 30, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I love this post! I cut off 8 inches of hair just before Christmas and it was incredibly liberating!