It’s been kind of a crazy week.
We use the word crazy around here still
We began cloth diapering, which has so far turned out to be a hilarious adventure. Doug likes it just as much as I do (that fluffy butt on Harrison is irresistible), but he did leak last night. So tonight we tripled it up & he’s so fluffy in front that he can’t even sleep on his tummy. Which means that we stand by his crib & snicker for a good ten minutes at night. It warms my heart.
Today was an okay day. It was Harpie’s due date, & “Harpie dates” always feel bittersweet to me. But I just stuck my foot in a dried glob of Harrison vom & for some reason, it made me smile. (I will also be pulling out our little carpet steamer after I finish writing this). I still have my job, my family, & my health & so today is a good day & there is so much to be thankful for, no matter what the calendar says today or what I felt earlier this week.
I’m thankful for…
1. Dreaming big with my husband about work sheds, offices, & room to stretch our legs.
2. Erasable colored pencils in a tin cup on my desk.
3. Walks in the sunshine with clients rather than sitting at a conference table.
4. Fluffy butts that are just so darn cute. & husbands that look forward to it just as well.
5. Calculaters. So underappreciated. Because of calculaters, I don’t have to do actual math in my head or on paper. GLORIOUS.
6. Hot chocolate, even when it’s hot outside.
7. Harpie, I love you still. For all the good that has happened because of your sweet little life, for the little boy sucking his thumb in the other room, & for the knowledge that one day, I’ll know you. Happy due date, baby.